We believe, teach and confess that...
- God has saved us and called us to share His love with others and we stand ready to give of ourselves that all may receive His love through us. The basis of our faith and calling is our belief...
- The Bible (the 66 canonical books of the Old and New Testament) is the inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God in its entirety and that it is authoritative for doctrine and life. The Bible reveals God to us and gives us the knowledge we need to know that we are sinners and how God has worked to save us.
- That there is one God only and that God is a Triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each of the three persons is a distinct person of the Godhead, having His own identity, and yet each is fully God.
- That all people have sinned and would be separated from God eternally unless He had not reached out in love to save His creation through the life, death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ.
- That Jesus Christ is both true God and true man and that He fulfilled God's righteous Law for all people by His perfect life and that He suffered the punishment for the sins of everyone by His death on the cross of Calvary. Everyone who trusts God's promise of forgiveness through Christ has eternal life. All who trust Christ for forgiveness will have eternal life through Him and will experience a bodily resurrection to eternal life with Him in heaven.
- That people are given the gift of faith by means of God's Holy Spirit Who works such faith through the hearing or reading of the Bible, through Baptism and through Lord's Supper.
- That Baptism is a means of grace commanded by Christ by which God works faith in the heart of the one being baptized. Baptism is God's work of grace and is not a work that we do.
- That in Lord's Supper, commanded by Christ of those who believe in Him, the communicant receives the Body and Blood of Christ, as He promised, with the bread and fruit of the vine.
(For more information regarding the doctrines of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, please contact us. We regularly offer adult study classes, as well as classes for youth.)